Cloud Penetration Testing
Most organizations or companies today are migrating their environment to cloud computing, since it’s trending nowadays and because of the large number of options that they can get on the cloud.
What is Cloud Penetration Testing
SMT Cloud penetration testing is a real-life authorized simulation of a cyber-attack on the cloud IaaS,SaaS and PaaS.
The main goal of SMT cloud penetration testing is to find vulnerabilities, and weaknesses in the cloud system’s defense where a hacker can take advantage.
Cloud Penetration Testing will benefit:
Cloud services, whether they are infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), or software as a service (SaaS), can be exposed to security misconfigurations, weaknesses, and security threats just as traditional systems are.
SMT Cloud penetration testing provides you with:
- Better understanding of your cloud security posture
- A detailed report on any common security misconfigurations along with our recommendations for how to secure your cloud configuration
Cloud security problems & threats
All cloud services providers offer very robust security controls, but you are ultimately responsible for securing your company’s workloads in the cloud giving that the top cloud security challenges are about data loss and data privacy. This is followed by compliance concerns, tied with concerns about accidental exposure of credentials
We, SMT can summarize the cloud threat in the owasp top 10 cloud vulnerabilities that will be tested by our professional team:
- Accountability & Data Risk
- User Identity Federation
- Legal & Regulatory Compliance
- Business Continuity & Resiliency
- User Privacy & Secondary Usage of Data
- Service & Data Integration
- Multi-tenancy & Physical Security
- Incidence Analysis & Forensics
- Infrastructure Security
- Non-production Environment Exposure
Are you allowed to test your environment?
Microsoft (Azure) and Amazon (AWS) used to require testing authorization before commencing a penetration test but the majority of Cloud providers no longer require their authorization in order to perform a penetration test of their Cloud environment
For more information you can refer to these documents :
- AWS Pen Testing Policy https://aws.amazon.com/security/penetration-testing/
- Azure Rules of Engagement https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/msrc/pentest-rules-of-engagement
We, SMT provides two types of services that will help you to secure your cloud environment
- Cloud Penetration Testing: It Involves both external and internal penetration testing techniques to examine the external posture of the organisation
- Cloud configuration assessment: is an assessment of your Cloud configuration against the accepted best practice of industry benchmarks
Why Choosing SMT
Being the first company in Jordan who perform Cloud Penetration testing service, our professional team follows manual and automated penetration testing processes that use commercial, open source and software to evaluate your cloud infrastructure from the perspective of anonymous and authenticated users.