What is COBIT?
COBIT 5 provides the next generation of ISACA’s guidance on the enterprise governance and management of IT. It builds on more than 15 years of practical usage and application of COBIT by many enterprises and users from business, IT, risk, security and assurance communities. Today, more than ever, information and related technologies need to be governed, managed and operated in a holistic manner—with a single, integrated process model that provides end-to-end coverage of the roles, responsibilities and practices required.
Introducing the Professional Qualification
Information is the currency for enterprises in the 21st century. COBIT helps enterprises get the most value from this critical asset. COBIT is a comprehensive framework of globally accepted practices, analytical tools and models that can help any enterprise effectively address critical issues through governance and management of information and technology. This COBIT® 5 Foundation course is an interactive, classroom-based learning experience. Participants learn about the need for an IT governance framework and how COBIT addresses this need by providing the latest insights into enterprise-wide governance of IT. This course explains the elements and supporting materials of the COBIT framework, using a logical and example-driven approach for anyone interested in obtaining COBIT foundation level knowledge. COBIT 5 Foundation is the first step, and a prerequisite, to enroll into the advanced level courses that ISACA has planned for release in 2013.
• Key challenges of using IT and the IT governance concepts and benefits
• COBIT 5 framework, principles, and enablers
• Relationship between stakeholder needs and governance
• Implementation approach for the use of COBIT 5
• Structure of COBIT 5 process reference model
• Governance and management domains
• Components of COBIT 5 processes
• Need for capability assessments
• COBIT 5 ISO/IEC 15504 approach
• Application of COBIT 4 maturity model approach with COBIT 5
• Other COBIT 5 enablers for IT governance and management
Benefits of Using COBIT 5
● Helps maximize the trust in, and value from, enterprise information & technology
● Helps address the needs of stakeholders across the enterprise
● Clarifies goals for more effective decision making
● Provides a systematic approach and common vocabulary for addressing today’s most challenging aspects of meeting enterprise performance Goals
● Provides an end-to-end framework that integrates other approaches and standards, and simplifies complex approaches