Linux is exploding, and the demand for Linux developers has never been stronger. This course will introduce you to the world of Linux development and give you the background and training you need to start working with Linux. If you’ve been thinking about getting into Linux development, this is the best place to start!
This course is for students who are already experienced computer users on another operating system, but have limited or no experience working in a Linux environment.
As part of your registration, a printed copy of the course manual will be provided.
Introduction to Linux for Developers
- Linux and the Operating System
- Graphical Environments and Interfaces
- Getting Help
- Text Editors
- Shells, bash, and the Command Line
- System Components
- System Administration
- Essential Command Line Tools
- Command and Tool Details
- Users and Groups
- Bash Scripting
- Files and Filesystems
- Filesystem Layout
- Linux Filesystems
- Compiling, Linking and Libraries
- Java Installation and Environment