A security operations center (SOC) is a facility that houses an information security team responsible for monitoring and analyzing an organization’s security posture on an ongoing basis.
The SOC team’s goal is to detect, analyze, and respond to cybersecurity incidents using a combination of technology solutions and a strong set of processes. Security operations centers are typically staffed with security analysts and engineers as well as managers who oversee security operations.
SOC staff work close with organizational incident response teams to ensure security issues are addressed quickly upon discovery.
Security operations centers monitor and analyze activity on networks, servers, endpoints, databases, applications, websites, and other systems, looking for anomalous activity that could be indicative of a security incident or compromise. The SOC is responsible for ensuring that potential security incidents are correctly identified, analyzed, defended, investigated, and reported.
SMT started working at the concept of a SOC-as-a-Service, our cloud-based SOC, to give our clients a true partner and help fill a gap within IT security. We provide continuous detection, protection and response for organizations that need the resources for a 24/7 in-house staff. Our team provides around-the-clock event monitoring and incident management from our global network of SOCs and actionable notifications for any suspected incident. Our security experts use industry leading SIEMs and automated response capabilities so you can address critical security and compliance needs, reduce the risk of a data breach and lower your operational costs.
Why you need SOC
- Proactive detection of malicious network and system activity.You don’t want to wait the average 206 days it takes US companies to detect a breach. You want to know as quickly as possible to minimize the effect of the breach.
- Threat awareness to adjust defenses before the threat hits you.
- Vulnerability management to see what may be vulnerable on your network to new threats before you get hit with them.
- Awareness of hardware and software assets running on your network so you can be aware of developing threats to them.
- Log management to give you and any authorities the ability to complete forensics if you do incur and incident or breach.
SMT SOC Services
SMT SOC Services divided into two categories: Consultation and Operation.
In the consultation we provide the customer with our recommendations and remediation plans to enhance their security posture without working in any solution to solve the problems we found after the assessment phase, While in the operation we provide a whole solution and work to enhance the customer security posture.
- Technology & Architecture Review.
- Penetration Testing & Vulnerability Assessment.
- Security Management Framework Assessment.
- Governance Monitoring.
- Policy GAP Assessment.
- Risk Management.
- DC\DR Management.
- Advisory Service
- Perimeter \ Datacenter.
- Content Security.
- Policy Compliance.
- Identity & Access Management.
- Advances Service
a. Security Strategy.
b. Security Policy Framing.
c. Policy Enforcement Audit.
d. Advisory Services.
e. CERT Integration.
2. Risk Management
a. Risk Assessment.
b. Risk Mitigation Plan.
c. VA \ PT.
d. Threat Management.
IT security consultants assess software, computer systems, and networks for vulnerabilities, then design and implement the best security solutions for an organization’s needs. They play the role of both the attacker and the victim and are asked to locate and potentially exploit vulnerabilities.
A successful IT system within a company is multi-faceted, and simultaneously focused on various levels of operation. This process is very complex, which is why outside specialists are often brought in to assess IT systems as a unit. An effective IT assessment will identify strengths and weaknesses, as well as suggest methods to boost efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
In order to fully monitor and gauge a company’s system, the assessor will typically request full access to networks, facilities, and other information relevant to the assessment. By analyzing and testing ALL of the data within the “digital environment” it exists, a truly well rounded assessment can be made and a successful strategy can be developed.
A few of the important areas examined during an IT Assessment:
- System/Data Security
- Technology Management
- Mobile Device Management
- Network Design
- Server Infrastructure
- Administrative Policies
- Network Software
Technology & Architecture Review
If you want to build your own SOC either at your premises or at SMT Premises,
We provide a coherent description of the system’s technology & architecture based on ITIL standards.
The review identifies improvements that should be made as the department continues its implementation.
Penetration Testing & Vulnerability Assessment
Giving you certainty across the company by testing, assessing, and addressing your system vulnerabilities
We do the penetration testing based on a questionnaire that will be shared with you to define your scope.
The final report includes all the findings with the appropriate recommendation for each one.
Security Management Framework Assessment
An information security framework is a series of documented, agreed and understood policies, procedures, and processes that define how information is managed in a business, to lower risk and vulnerability, and increase confidence in an ever-connected world.
There are about 250 different security frameworks used globally, developed to suit a wide variety of businesses and sectors. The importance of security frameworks has grown over the last few years, with many businesses using more than one framework.
Policy GAP Assessment
Implementing a full GAP assessment and analysis for the defined scope, referring to any standard the customer may prefer like ISO , ISO 22301,…. Etc.
Identifying the company risks and vulnerabilities by applying administrative actions and comprehensive solutions to make sure your organization is adequately protected.
Managing the business continuity and the Disaster Recovery based on ISO 22301 Business Continuity Standard.
Providing recommendations and tops to improve the organization’s Security Posture based on multiple factors such as, organization enviromate, and organization budget.
Perimeter \ Datacenter
Full-fledged configuration of the organization devices, such as firewall, VPN, IDS, IPS,… etc.
Organizing and consolidating the pieces of content by SMT SOC Team on various types of security devices.
Endpoint Security, Anti-Virus, Web Security,URL Filtering, Mail Security, Application Security Analytics,..etc.
Providing reports based on policy compliance on the device level, end user level plus event and log management.
Identity access Management
Managing the risks inherent and the access of the personnel to the resource at different times for a clear access justification.
Multi Factor Authentication, Encryption Federation,SSO,…etc.
- Security Strategy: Access evolving regulatory requirements and help protect your business.
- Security Policy Framing:Studying the security policy that is already implemented or will be implemented and tune it to fit the technical and business needs.
- Policy Enforcement Audit: Studying the internal policy in each organization then enforce an information security Policy that aligns with the internal policy.
- Advisory Services: Provide high level services for the management.
- CERT Integration: Adopt the CERT standard in each country.
- Risk Assessment: Provide Appropriate levels of security for information systems.
- Risk Mitigation Plan: Developing options and actions to enhance opportunities and reduce threats to project objectives.
- VA \ PT: Giving certainty across the company by testing assessing, addressing your system vulnerabilities, Plus work on all recommendations Provided.
- Threat Management: Identifying, assessing, and responding to risk.